SPOTLIGHT ON BERLIN PHOTOGRAPHER KATE BELLM…
We’ve been following Berlin-based photographer Kate Bellm for a while now and love her raw, feminine aesthetic.
Having shot for publications like Interview, Vogue UK, Nylon, Cake and i-D online, we felt super lucky to have her photograph some of her favourite Liberated Heart pieces for our new blog! She shot two fiery sisters, Nina and Estella in her hometown, styling our pieces back with bold bling and a whole lot of sass.
She was also kind enough to answer a few questions for us…
1. Your photos are so empowering to the feminine, what inspires this?
I think it comes from the woman I know and shoot as they are strong, happy, powerful girls and this comes through in the photos.
2. You travel so much! Where have you felt the most content, blissed out and alive?
Living in a VW van all over New Zealand.
3. I couldn’t live without…?
4. Last song I played was…?
Nick Mulvey – Cucuracu.
5. Food fad of the moment…?
Cucumber and lemon with tajin.
6. Wearing on repeat right now…?
7. If I had a gang I would call it…?
8. Favourite all time film…?
9. Man crush & Woman crush…?
My boy Edgar and for woman it’s any rad free spirited girls I meet along the way.